The MR Marine Group is always thriving to
improve its premiere products OUTABCK TV and OCEAN TV. As we
are the manufacturer it is possible to do this, and can do this in a
relatively short time period.
Over a period of time due to dealer and customer suggestions a
number of improvements are made, most cannot be seen but they are
The second quarter of 2017 is the
introduction of the Outback TV RV85A Series 2.
Although relatively unchanged, Series 2
brings together several minor but important Firmware improvements, a
few hardware changes and in the 4th quarter 2017 the introduction of
a new IDU (Indoor Unit). Most of these of these changes were
also introduced into the later Series 1 Antennas.
1. Renaming of DEPLOY and STOW, to SEARCH and CLOSE. This
was due to requests from Dealers.
2. The saving of the last GPS and Dish Angle when the antenna
is closed. This helps to reduce time for the second search in
the same location.
1. A small hole is now drilled in the dish to allow for
better drainage of water when the antenna is closed
2. The OUTBACK TV Logo and Lizard is Laser Cut into the Dish
3. The Quad LNB now has right angled F-Type Connectors on
cables connecting to it
4. Extra seals have been added to the lower control unit
around the base, and drainage holes added in the base of the unit.
The photo to the left shows the new OUTBACK
TV RV85A Series two on the factory floor in production.
The new Laser Cut Logo can clearly be seen in the Dish Support Arm,
as well as the foam seal around the LNB Casing.
A new IDU will be introduced in the third quarter of 2017. And will
be available as an option for series 1 models.
The new IDU features:
1. A new "two part" remote design. Control Unit and Remote
2. WiFi built into the IDU for an easy upgrade path for
future Firmware Improvements and Updates.
3. The ability to mount the IDU close to the antenna, and
then Panel Mount the LCD Display Control Unit in a more
accessible area. The two units are linked via a Cat 6 Network
Cable, and can be up to 10m long.
The photo above shows a preproduction unit,
being tested in Sydney. The new two part IDU can be clearly
seen, with teh remote panel mount IDU Control Unit.